Virtual Private Networking Service
Virtual Private Networking (VPN) provides encrypted access to University resources from off campus. Cisco AnyConnect is available for Windows, OS X, iOS, some Linux distributions, and some Android devices.
Types of Service
AnyConnect offers three types of connections:/
- Generic: This group gives access to basic services on campus and can be used by any active faculty, staff, students and consultants.
- Employee: This group can only be used by University employees and gives slightly more access than the Generic group.
- Departmental Groups: Check with your department’s IT Professional to see if you should be using a department-specific groups.
- Basic VPN Service: No Charge
- Department-Specific Group Setup: Setup $110 (non-recurring), then $10/month. Contact your IT Pro. Use MyServices to request a full needs assessment.
Departments that have the Division of IT's firewall offering may opt to use the firewall's built-in VPN feature. A full description of this service is available on the firewall service page. Use MyServices to request a full needs assessment.
To begin using the new VPN client, install it from AnyConnect.missouri.edu.